Thursday, May 23, 2013

What is this blog?

This is an idea generated by my students. They thought it would be cool to have a place that was open for people to ask any science questions they might have and get an answer that was well researched. That is why this blog is here.

Who am I? I am a teacher, high school science. I am certified in biology, health science, environmental education, earth and space science and contemplating physics as well. I have spent quite a number of years (13 years now) in education in every grade from preschool all the way to adults in science, art and other subjects. In addition, to that, 8 years in the education department of a Natural History Museum. So that is a little about me but feel free to ask if there are other questions.

How this works:
1. Think of a science or science related question you’d like to ask.
2. Check the archives to see if it has been asked yet.
3. See that ASK a Science Question over on the side? Fill it in and send it my way.
4. As time permits I will answer questions in the order in which they are received. (Ideally, at least one a day.) I reserve the right to refuse to answer a question. Questions can be anon or with name.
5. If there are no questions at the time I will find a question of my own to answer.
6. any questions?

So full speed ahead to our questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment